Monday, March 29, 2010

The Canon Review List-A-Mania, Top 9 Candy Bars

One of my many weaknesses is candy bars. I don't eat a candy bar every day, but nary a week goes by without me eating one, whether in miniature or full-size form. Sure, they're not very healthy, but dang it, they taste so good. Sure, there are a couple that aren't so hot (like Butterfingers, for example) but most of them are quite tasty. So, in salute of these chocolate confectioneries, I give you The Canon Review's Top 9 Candy Bars.

 9. Almond Joy - If you don't like coconut, you will hate Almond Joy. Fortunately for me, I like coconut, and when combined with almonds and milk chocolate, it makes a winning combination. The Mounds bar is similar, but Almond Joy makes it on the list because it has nuts, and Mounds don't.

8. Crunch Bar- A simple candy bar made by Nestle, it's a chocolate bar with crisped rice put in to give it its "Crunch". Simple, but very good nonetheless. Hershey's makes a similar candy bar, Krackel, but only in miniature form for some reason.

7. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups- Some people may say that this is not technically a candy bar. Well, it's my list, so Reese's will count. Sure, they come in cup form instead of the traditional bar form, although they do have Reese's Peanut Butter Bars. Nevertheless, the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is too good to ignore. The white chocolate Reese's are just as good, if not better.

6. Mr. Goodbar- Two of my favorite things, chocolate and peanuts, are combined in one great candy bar. One of the original Hershey's candy bars, Mr. Goodbar is, in my opinion, the most underrated candy bar out there.

5. Twix- Always a favorite of mine, Twix is a great mixture of chocolate, caramel, and that cookie crunch. There commercials sure are annoying, but nevertheless, the bar is just too good to leave off the list. An interesting trivia note, Twix was called Raider in many European countries until 1991, according to Wikipedia.

4. Kit Kat- I just had a Kit Kat earlier today. It was good, like usual. The bar consists of four wafer fingers covered with chocolate. If one wanted to, you could take apart the wafer fingers one by one and eat it that way, but usually I prefer to just eat it whole. In Japan, Kit Kat is a very popular candy, and there are many different flavors of Kit Kat, from Green Tea and Pineapple to Beet and Soy Sauce. I shudder to think what a Soy Sauce Kit Kat would taste like.

3. Snickers- Named after a horse, Snickers is a combination of nougat, caramel, and peanuts covered with milk chocolate. It is all sorts of good, at least in my opinion. Snickers ice cream and ice cream bars are also very good, although a little expensive.

2. Baby Ruth- Somewhat similar to Snickers, with the only differences being that Baby Ruth has more nougat and more peanuts spread all across the candy bar. It's bigger and sweeter than Snickers, yet somehow not as filling, so go figure. The origin of the Baby Ruth name is under some debate, as many believe the bar was named after Babe Ruth, but the company insists that the bar was named after former president Grover Cleveland's daughter, Ruth. Although why somebody would name a candy bar after the daughter of a president long since out of office is confounding to me, as the Baby Ruth first appeared in stores in 1921. Coincidentally (or not), in 1921, Babe Ruth was merely the most famous athlete alive. So draw your own conclusions.

and the number one candy bar (according to The Canon Review) is:

1. Hershey's Cookies n' Creme- A controversial choice, but it is my choice after all. For one, I'm a huge fan of white chocolate, and this bar is one of the few that are made of white chocolate. Add to that the chocolate cookie bits, and the result is one great tasting candy bar. It may be a little sweet for some, but I find the taste just right. Bottom line, if I could only have one candy bar for the rest of my life, than my choice would be Hersehey's Cookies n' Creme.

Well, thanks for reading. This list is only my opinion, and I'm sure that your list of top candy bars would be a lot different than mine, since everybody has different tastes. If you have any feedback or complaints on this topic, or if you have an idea for a future post on The Canon Review, than either leave a comment on the blog or send me an e-mail at KtheC2001@gmail.com. Here's a couple of commercials for candy bars to wrap this thing up.





No comments:

Post a Comment