Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fun with YouTube Recommendations: May 1, 2010

Well, I had something planned earlier, but I got busy doing something else and by golly before I knew it, it was 5:30 in the morning. It might of been pretty good, too. It wasn't going to be fun, but it could have been a fun read atleast. Instead, I have decided to do something quick and relatively painless, and let the machine (ie, YouTube) tell me what videos I should be watching and review those. Hopefully, they won't be too bad today.

Video 1: Indian Comedian Dan Nainan Celebrity/Character Impressions:

The hell? This was recommended to me because I watched an episode of Parker Lewis some time ago (which I reviewed on this here blog). I don't get the connection. Anyway, this is two and a half minutes of a comedian doing celebrity impressions. A couple of them are decent, but the video may contain the worst Chris Tucker and Homer Simpson impersonations I have ever heard. The Borat one wasn't very good either. If I were this guy, I wouldn't base my comedy act on these impressions.





Video 2: Lindsey Buckingham - VH1 Behind The Music, 2001 (Part 1 of 5) 

For those of you that don't know, Lindsey Buckingham was the guitarist for the rock band Fleetwood Mac. He also wrote a few of there big hits, including "Go Your Own Way". This video is the first few minutes of a VH1 Behind the Music special on Buckingham made in 2001. The Behind the Music show still comes on from time to time on VH1, although new episodes are rare because the channel just has to show six-hour marathons of "New York Goes to Work" or "Tool Academy" or whatever desperate for fame people the network has chosen to exploit this week. Then again, is it really exploitation if the subjects being exploited want to be? Tough call. Anyway, the clip talks introduces the show in its usual dark manner, than features the early life story of Lindsey Buckingham, a kid who grew up in the shadow of his Olympic-medal winning brother and who taught himself how to play guitar at the age of six. Just as he was starting his own band, Buckingham met a woman named Stephanie Nicks, and there two lives would soon be intertwined for years to come.




Video 3: KOTA IBUSHI VS MIKAMI (MV)

Basically, somebody made a highlight video of a DDT match between Kota Ibushi and MIKAMI. Since this was DDT, I was half-expecting an appearance from a blowup doll or a ladder or that seven year old girl that does choke slams, but instead this was a straightforward wrestling match in which a ladder was used, but didn't pin either of the combatanats. The person who made this video set the highlights to 10 seconds of a Creed song before switching to a Chevelle song, an interesting choice, I must say. The match doesn't look too bad, although the wrestlers didn't hit exactly all of their moves and MIKAMI damn near killed himself doing a shooting star press, and the person that made the video seemed to know what they were doing. I think I'll try to make a similar video, only mine will be about the Steve McMichael vs. Bryan Adams match from Road Wild 98.

 



Video 4: South Park Soulja Boy



I don't know if anybody ever wanted to clips of South Park set to the song "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" but somebody has taken it upon themselves to do that anyway. The video uses clips from the episode "You got F'd in the A", which spoofs the movie "You Got Served". I haven't seen the movie, but that episode is just great. This video wasn't so great, and I had forgotten just how annoying that Soulja Boy song was.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Vfsk1TFFA&feature=grec

Well, thanks for reading. Hopefully you found it acceptable. If you have any ideas for future posts, then send those to me either by leaving a comment or by e-mail at KtheC2001@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment